We are looking forward to being with your children. We have developed a program that we feel will meet the needs of your children and will make this a meaningful and happy experience for them.
Basic program information:
We will incorporate science (which includes cooking activities, and experiments), music and creative dramatics and creative movement into our curriculum schedule.
We always welcome books and/or CD’s sent in to be shared with the class. Please try and keep toys at home except for special “sharing days.”
General goals for the year:
- To increase self-awareness and promote a positive self image.
- To increase independence – social, emotional and physical ability
- to care for oneself, to cope well with new situations.
- To facilitate physical development – large and small muscle
- coordination and eye-hand coordination.
- To encourage intellectual development – through language development and an exploration of our environment.
- To help children learn and laugh in nurturing, comfortable, safe and fun environment
|9:00 – 10:20||Greet children, self directed toys, manipulatives, puzzles, doll corner|
|9:20 – 9:30||Circle Time – Calendar, Weather, Jobs and explanation of unit concepts and work|
|9:30 – 10:15||Teacher directed art activities, Free play – blocks, water table, manipulatives, books, puzzles, easel painting, and open-ended art – small motor skills development|
|10:15 – 10:25||Wash-up, using the bathroom|
|10:30 – 10:40||Snack|
|10:40 – 11:00||Clean-up and preparation for going outside|
|11:00 – 11:30||Outside play – organized games and open ended play on equipment -large motor activity|
|11:30 – 12:00||Circle time – Story time, Music and Creative movement related to unit of study in math, science, social studies or language arts|
Seasonal finger plays and songs
|12:00 – 12:30||Lunch – Table manners, small motor development and social development|
|12:30 – 1:00||Free play – Language development or puzzles, manipulatives – small motor development or outside play|